Friday, July 15, 2022

I AM A LECTURER


I am a lecturer and I am not ashamed
I am on strike to ensure my existence
the existence of a sane and great society
a society that is rational and productive

The future of my nation is at stake
some oppressors have taken over its soul
they’ve turned my country into a milk cow
squandered its resources and embezzled its riches

The nation has become so docile and submissive
shrouded in sold ethnic and religious bigotry
every sector has been destroyed without remorse
the leaders are not concerned about our fate

I am on strike and I am not ashamed
called names by the people whom I’m fighting for
I have been punished by hunger and poverty
I promise I will not go down nor give up

I am entitled to a good salary
I am entitled to good working conditions
I am entitled to be respected by all
I am not ashamed to fight for these rights

I chose to join this noble profession
I choose to stay and make a difference
I choose not to run away even with options
I am a lecturer and I am not ashamed

Let all Nigerians know
let the irresponsible government note
we have not come this far to abandon the battle
we will remain the last bastion against tyranny.

 July 1, 2022

 

No comments: